Top 3 books to encourage healthy eating habits in kidsAugust 15th, 2018
We love Book Week. It is lots of fun and from a nutritional point of view, there is no better time to help encourage healthy eating habits in children than by reading a good book about it!
Tips when reading to children
When reading books to children remember these hot tips:
• Give everything a name – Build a child’s vocabulary by talking about interesting words and objects. For example, “Look at the apple! Apples grow in trees. How do you think apples grow?”
• Say how much you enjoy reading – Tell the children how much you enjoy reading with them. Talk about “story time” as your favourite part of your day.
• Read with excitement in your voice – read to children with humour and expression. Use different voices and make it fun : )
• Know when to stop – put the book away for a while if the children start to lose interest or are having trouble paying attention.
• Be interactive – Discuss what’s happening in the book, point out things on the page, and ask questions. Have some healthy food to give out and smell, eat and touch as you are reading the book.
• Read it again and again – the beauty of books is that they are never ending. There is always time to read the same book on another day
Top 3 books to read to encourage healthy eating habits in kids
Here are our top 3 recommendations for Book Week in 2018 which focus on health eating habits:
We Are What We Eat by Kristy Hammil. According to the description, “Your kids will start to recognize the difference between foods that are nourishing to their bodies and foods that aren’t.” Great for kids 2-10 years old.
Berenstain Bears and Too Much Junk Food by Stan and Jan Berenstain. Mama and Dr. Grizzly attempt to help their children understand the importance of nutritious foods and exercise.
Gregory the Terrible Eater by Mitchell Sharmat – Gregory is a goat that only eats fruits, vegetables, bread and butter. This disappoints his parents because they wish he would eat tires, shoelaces, tin cans, and cardboard. The kids think it’s hilarious!
Hearty Health are passionate developing healthy eating habits in children and providing fresh seasonal meals to children in child care. All meals are delivered directly to child care centre fridges fresh every day.
Contact Hearty Health at here or ring us on 1300 728 762 to book a tasting of our delicious menu that your kids will love.
P: 1300 728 762
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Christmas cooking with kids
- A perfect childcare snack – Hearty Health Protein Balls
- An apple a day keeps the doctor away
- Hearty Health Scones for afternoon tea!
- Fun food for the footy
- Try our Hearty Health Muesli Bar
- How to avoid hay fever and keep Spring allergies at bay…
- How good food affects a child’s brain development
- Our secret for a cooking delicious warm meal on a Winter’s day
- Healthy Eating for Children Based on Australian Dietary Guidelines
- Why Children’s Meals Should Be Delivered Quickly to Childcare Centres
- Best Recommended Healthy Snacks for Children that Taste Really Good
- Reduce Sugar & Up the Taste for Healthy Happy Kids
- Easy tips to help your family eat healthier
- How Schools and Child Care Caterers Can Help Stop Obesity in Children
- New Hearty Health Winter menu is a big hit with the kids
- Childcare Centres Should Have a Proper Menu Plan and How Hearty Health Can Help
- Food Allergies in Children: Why Childcare Centre Caterers should Never Take for Granted
- Hearty Meals for Schools and Childcare Centres: Meeting Your Kids’ Nutritional Needs
- How Healthy Snacks at Schools Can Help Stop Child Obesity
- Ways on How Educators Can Promote Positive Healthy Eating Habits in Children
- The Childcare Centre’s Role for Children’s Health
- Child Care Centre Meals Online Order Service: Fresh, Allergen Free, and Healthy
- Freshness in Food Quality: How Fresh is Fresh? Hearty Health’s Success in Child Care Catering