Show Your Softer Side: How to Soft-boil an Egg to PerfectionDecember 18, 2020
Look, we know everyone’s eaten eggs and boiling them is *meant* to be one of the easiest things to cook in a kitchen. However, a shocking fact is researchers have found that a large number of people don’t know the finer details of getting an egg boiled just right.
We’re here to change that.
When it comes to boiling eggs, there are a few ways in which you can enjoy them: Softboiled, semi boiled, or hard-boiled.
What’s the Trick?
Boiling eggs isn’t rocket science but have you ever wondered why your soft boil eggs don’t always come out the way you want them to? You might have had days where your soft boiled eggs turned out firm on the outside and runny on the inside and days where they’ve turned out as stiff as a rubber ball.
What are you doing wrong? Remember that the longer you cook the eggs, the harder they become. If you’re aiming for soft boil eggs, cooking them for 4-6 minutes will do the trick.
Follow these steps:
- In a saucepan, place eggs at the bottom. Make sure they are not crowded.
- Fill a pan with water, an inch above the eggs.
- Over high heat, bring water to a boil.
- Remove pan from heat once water boils. Set time for the type of boiled eggs you want (4-6 minutes for soft boil, 8-12 minutes for hard boil).
- After desired cooking time, use tongs to remove eggs and immerse them in cold water for about 10 minutes.
- Tap gently to crack open. Peel the shell away.
Now, save and bookmark this page for when you next need a protein-packed snack.
Or, reach out to us at Hearty Health ready meals and find out how we deliver fresh, delicious meals direct to you or your clients.
Call 1300 728 764 or email us at email@example.com
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au