Christmas Cooking with KidsDecember 18, 2017
Christmas cooking with kids
With Christmas right on our doorstep – it is a great opportunity to get into the kitchen and make some yummy snacks with your children.
Our Hearty Health Ginger Bread People are perfect for Christmas cooking with kids specially those with food sensitivities and they can be dressed up with Christmassy treats or dressed down – whatever works for your children. Please note that you will need some Gingerbread People cookie cutters for this recipe!
Season’s Greetings from the team at Hearty Health and we hope you all have a safe and enjoyable holiday.
Hearty Health Gingerbread People
Dairy, egg, wheat/gluten, soy, peanut and tree nut free
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup molasses
1/4 cup canola oil
2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons hot water
1 tablespoon flax seed meal
3 tablespoons warm water
2 1/2 cups wheat free flour
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the flax seed meal with 3 tablespoons of warm water and rest for 10 minutes.
- Combine sugar, molasses, oil and water in another bowl and then add the flax seed and water mixture.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, xanthan gum, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and ginger. Add the dry mixture gradually to the wet mixture and mix well.
- Roll the dough into a ball, cover the mixing bowl and refrigerate the dough for at least 1 hour.
- Roll out the dough to about half a centimetre thickness. Using gingerbread people cutters cut into shapes and place onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes in a preheated oven or until cookies are firm.
- Makes about 12 to 16 large cookies.
For some more delicious recipes from the Hearty Health kitchen check out our other blogs here
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au