Try our Hearty Health Muesli BarSeptember 1st, 2017
To celebrate the first day of Spring, Hearty Health is sharing one of their favourite recipes from their new Spring Menu so you get a hint of what the kids enjoy when they go to child care.
Mmmm try it out yourself and let us know what you think….
Hearty Health Muesli Bars
[Dairy, egg and nut free]
• 1 cup rolled oats
• 1 cup desiccated coconut
• 1/2 cup cornflakes
• 1/2 cup sesame seeds
• 1/2 cup sunflower kernels (blitzed in food processor)
• 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (blitzed in food processor)
• 1 cup sultanas
• 100g dairy free butter
• 25g copha
• 2 tbs honey
• 2 tbs golden syrup
• 2 tbs rice malt
• 1/3 cup brown sugar
Step 1 – grease and line a 3cm deep, 16cm x 28cm (base) baking pan with baking paper. Cook oats, coconut, cornflakes, sesame seeds, sunflower kernels and pumpkin seeds in a frying pan over medium heat, stirring, for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a bowl. Set aside to cool. Stir in sultanas.
Step 2 – cook butter, copha, honey, golden syrup, rice malt and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, without stirring, for 7 minutes or until mixture forms a soft ball when a little is dropped into ice-cold water. Add to dry ingredients. Stir until combined.
Step 3 – spoon mixture into pan. Use a large metal spoon to press down firmly. Allow to cool. Cut into shape you desire. Store in a foil-lined airtight container for up to 7 days.
P: 1300 728 762
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- An apple a day keeps the doctor away
- Hearty Health Scones for afternoon tea!
- Fun food to make with the kids this footy weekend
- Try our Hearty Health Muesli Bar
- How to avoid hay fever and allergies now that Spring is on its way…
- How Does Healthy and Nutritious Meals Affect Children’s Brain Development?
- Our Secret for Cooking Delicious Warm Meals on a Winter’s Day
- Healthy Eating for Children Based on Australian Dietary Guidelines
- Why Children’s Meals Should Be Delivered Quickly to Childcare Centres
- Best Recommended Healthy Snacks for Children that Taste Really Good
- Reduce Sugar & Up the Taste for Healthy Happy Kids
- Easy tips to help your family eat healthier
- How Schools and Child Care Caterers Can Help Stop Obesity in Children
- New Winter Menu is a Big Hit with the Kids
- Childcare Centres Should Have a Proper Menu Plan and How Hearty Health Can Help
- Food Allergies in Children: Why Childcare Centre Caterers should Never Take for Granted
- Hearty Meals for Schools and Childcare Centres: Meeting Your Kids’ Nutritional Needs
- How Healthy Snacks at Schools Can Help Stop Child Obesity
- Ways on How Educators Can Promote Positive Healthy Eating Habits in Children
- The Childcare Centre’s Role for Children’s Health
- Child Care Centre Meals Online Order Service: Fresh, Allergen Free, and Healthy
- Freshness in Food Quality: How Fresh is Fresh? Hearty Health’s Success in Child Care Catering
- Childcare Nutrition: What Your Children Eat Can Affect Their Developmental Health
- Childcare Healthy Meals Should Promote Protection against Tooth Decay