Try our Hearty Health Muesli BarSeptember 1st, 2017
To celebrate the first day of Spring, Hearty Health are sharing one of their favourite recipes from their new Spring Menu – the famous Hearty Health Muesli Bar!
Mmmm try it out yourself and let us know what you think….
Hearty Health Muesli Bar
[Dairy, egg and nut free]
• 1 cup rolled oats
• 1 cup desiccated coconut
• 1/2 cup cornflakes
• 1/2 cup sesame seeds
• 1/2 cup sunflower kernels (blitzed in food processor)
• 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (blitzed in food processor)
• 1 cup sultanas
• 100g dairy free butter
• 25g copha
• 2 tbs honey
• 2 tbs golden syrup
• 2 tbs rice malt
• 1/3 cup brown sugar
Step 1 – grease and line a 3cm deep, 16cm x 28cm (base) baking pan with baking paper. Cook oats, coconut, cornflakes, sesame seeds, sunflower kernels and pumpkin seeds in a frying pan over medium heat, stirring, for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a bowl. Set aside to cool. Stir in sultanas.
Step 2 – cook butter, copha, honey, golden syrup, rice malt and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, without stirring, for 7 minutes or until mixture forms a soft ball when a little is dropped into ice-cold water. Add to dry ingredients. Stir until combined.
Step 3 – spoon mixture into pan. Use a large metal spoon to press down firmly. Allow to cool. Cut into shape you desire. Store in a foil-lined airtight container for up to 7 days.
P: 1300 728 762
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Christmas cooking with kids
- A perfect childcare snack – Hearty Health Protein Balls
- An apple a day keeps the doctor away
- Hearty Health Scones for afternoon tea!
- Fun food to make with the kids this footy weekend
- Try our Hearty Health Muesli Bar
- How to avoid hay fever and keep Spring allergies at bay…
- How good food affects a child’s brain development
- Our secret for a cooking delicious warm meal on a Winter’s day
- Healthy Eating for Children Based on Australian Dietary Guidelines
- Why Children’s Meals Should Be Delivered Quickly to Childcare Centres
- Best Recommended Healthy Snacks for Children that Taste Really Good
- Reduce Sugar & Up the Taste for Healthy Happy Kids
- Easy tips to help your family eat healthier
- How Schools and Child Care Caterers Can Help Stop Obesity in Children
- New Hearty Health Winter menu is a big hit with the kids
- Childcare Centres Should Have a Proper Menu Plan and How Hearty Health Can Help
- Food Allergies in Children: Why Childcare Centre Caterers should Never Take for Granted
- Hearty Meals for Schools and Childcare Centres: Meeting Your Kids’ Nutritional Needs
- How Healthy Snacks at Schools Can Help Stop Child Obesity
- Ways on How Educators Can Promote Positive Healthy Eating Habits in Children
- The Childcare Centre’s Role for Children’s Health
- Child Care Centre Meals Online Order Service: Fresh, Allergen Free, and Healthy
- Freshness in Food Quality: How Fresh is Fresh? Hearty Health’s Success in Child Care Catering