Top 3 Books to Encourage Healthy Eating Habits in KidsAugust 15, 2018
We love Book Week. It is lots of fun and from a nutritional point of view, there is no better time to help encourage healthy eating habits in children than by reading a good book about it!
Tips when reading to children
When reading books to children remember these hot tips:
• Give everything a name – Build a child’s vocabulary by talking about interesting words and objects. For example, “Look at the apple! Apples grow in trees. How do you think apples grow?”
• Say how much you enjoy reading – Tell the children how much you enjoy reading with them. Talk about “story time” as your favourite part of your day.
• Read with excitement in your voice – read to children with humour and expression. Use different voices and make it fun : )
• Know when to stop – put the book away for a while if the children start to lose interest or are having trouble paying attention.
• Be interactive – Discuss what’s happening in the book, point out things on the page, and ask questions. Have some healthy food to give out and smell, eat and touch as you are reading the book.
• Read it again and again – the beauty of books is that they are never ending. There is always time to read the same book on another day
Top 3 books to read to encourage healthy eating habits in kids
Here are our top 3 recommendations for Book Week in 2018 which focus on health eating habits:
We Are What We Eat by Kristy Hammil. According to the description, “Your kids will start to recognize the difference between foods that are nourishing to their bodies and foods that aren’t.” Great for kids 2-10 years old.
Berenstain Bears and Too Much Junk Food by Stan and Jan Berenstain. Mama and Dr. Grizzly attempt to help their children understand the importance of nutritious foods and exercise.
Gregory the Terrible Eater by Mitchell Sharmat – Gregory is a goat that only eats fruits, vegetables, bread and butter. This disappoints his parents because they wish he would eat tires, shoelaces, tin cans, and cardboard. The kids think it’s hilarious!
Hearty Health are passionate developing healthy eating habits in children and providing fresh seasonal ready-made meals for children.
Contact Hearty Health at here or ring us on 1300 728 762 to book a tasting of our delicious menu that your kids will love.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au