Hearty Health Scones for afternoon tea!October 6th, 2017
The chefs at Hearty Health spend a lot of time perfecting their recipes so they are just right for a child’s palate such as our scones for afternoon tea.
Try our delicious Hearty Health scones for afternoon tea and see for yourself mmmm. The perfect snack for children at child care or for children at home!
Ingredients Makes 12
*Egg and dairy free
2 cups SR flour
4 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ cup dairy free margarine
1 cup diced apples
½ cup water
3 tablespoons vanilla essence
Step 1 – pre heat oven to 175°C. Line and grease tray ready for use.
Step 2 – in large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon and margarine; and rub together until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in apples
Step 3 – add water and vanilla to mixture; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
Step 4 – on lightly floured surface, gently knead dough several times. With floured rolling pin, roll dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut out scones with 3-inch round cookie cutter and place 2 inches apart on greased sheet.
Step 5 – bake at 175°C. for 10 to 15 minutes or until firm to the touch. Immediately remove from tray to allow cooling slightly. Serve warm with your favourite condiments mmmmmm.
P: 1300 728 762
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Christmas cooking with kids
- A perfect childcare snack – Hearty Health Protein Balls
- An apple a day keeps the doctor away
- Hearty Health Scones for afternoon tea!
- Fun food to make with the kids this footy weekend
- Try our Hearty Health Muesli Bar
- How to avoid hay fever and keep Spring allergies at bay…
- How good food affects a child’s brain development
- Our secret for a cooking delicious warm meal on a Winter’s day
- Healthy Eating for Children Based on Australian Dietary Guidelines
- Why Children’s Meals Should Be Delivered Quickly to Childcare Centres
- Best Recommended Healthy Snacks for Children that Taste Really Good
- Reduce Sugar & Up the Taste for Healthy Happy Kids
- Easy tips to help your family eat healthier
- How Schools and Child Care Caterers Can Help Stop Obesity in Children
- New Hearty Health Winter menu is a big hit with the kids
- Childcare Centres Should Have a Proper Menu Plan and How Hearty Health Can Help
- Food Allergies in Children: Why Childcare Centre Caterers should Never Take for Granted
- Hearty Meals for Schools and Childcare Centres: Meeting Your Kids’ Nutritional Needs
- How Healthy Snacks at Schools Can Help Stop Child Obesity
- Ways on How Educators Can Promote Positive Healthy Eating Habits in Children
- The Childcare Centre’s Role for Children’s Health
- Child Care Centre Meals Online Order Service: Fresh, Allergen Free, and Healthy
- Freshness in Food Quality: How Fresh is Fresh? Hearty Health’s Success in Child Care Catering