Hearty Health Scones for afternoon tea!October 6th, 2017
The chefs at Hearty Health spend a lot of time perfecting their recipes so they are just right for a child’s palate.
Try our delicious Hearty Health scones and see for yourself mmmm. The perfect afternoon tea for children at child care or for children at home!
Ingredients Makes 12
*Egg and dairy free
2 cups SR flour
4 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ cup dairy free margarine
1 cup diced apples
½ cup water
3 tablespoons vanilla essence
Step 1 – pre heat oven to 175°C. Line and grease tray ready for use.
Step 2 – in large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon and margarine; and rub together until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in apples
Step 3 – add water and vanilla to mixture; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
Step 4 – on lightly floured surface, gently knead dough several times. With floured rolling pin, roll dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut out scones with 3-inch round cookie cutter and place 2 inches apart on greased sheet.
Step 5 – bake at 175°C. for 10 to 15 minutes or until firm to the touch. Immediately remove from tray to allow cooling slightly. Serve warm with your favourite condiments mmmmmm.
P: 1300 728 762
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- A perfect childcare snack – Hearty Health Protein Balls
- An apple a day keeps the doctor away
- Hearty Health Scones for afternoon tea!
- Fun food to make with the kids this footy weekend
- Try our Hearty Health Muesli Bar
- How to avoid hay fever and allergies now that Spring is on its way…
- How Does Healthy and Nutritious Meals Affect Children’s Brain Development?
- Our Secret for Cooking Delicious Warm Meals on a Winter’s Day
- Healthy Eating for Children Based on Australian Dietary Guidelines
- Why Children’s Meals Should Be Delivered Quickly to Childcare Centres
- Best Recommended Healthy Snacks for Children that Taste Really Good
- Reduce Sugar & Up the Taste for Healthy Happy Kids
- Easy tips to help your family eat healthier
- How Schools and Child Care Caterers Can Help Stop Obesity in Children
- New Winter Menu is a Big Hit with the Kids
- Childcare Centres Should Have a Proper Menu Plan and How Hearty Health Can Help
- Food Allergies in Children: Why Childcare Centre Caterers should Never Take for Granted
- Hearty Meals for Schools and Childcare Centres: Meeting Your Kids’ Nutritional Needs
- How Healthy Snacks at Schools Can Help Stop Child Obesity
- Ways on How Educators Can Promote Positive Healthy Eating Habits in Children
- The Childcare Centre’s Role for Children’s Health
- Child Care Centre Meals Online Order Service: Fresh, Allergen Free, and Healthy
- Freshness in Food Quality: How Fresh is Fresh? Hearty Health’s Success in Child Care Catering
- Childcare Nutrition: What Your Children Eat Can Affect Their Developmental Health