Benefits of eating from seasonal menus for children in child careMarch 1st, 2018
Our Hearty Health Chefs are always creating new recipes in their seasonal menus for children in child care.
The Hearty Health Autumn Menu is now ready to be launched into Hearty Health Child Care Centres around Australia. New additions like our Hearty Health Bliss Bar is absolutely sugar free and bursting with loads of flavour and nutrients. We have also reinvented our classics like our Chicken Cacciatore with mash potato which uses traditional flavours and seasonal produce which is always a big hit with the kids.
We love launching seasonal menus for children in child care every quarter because there is nothing better than using seasonal fresh produce!
Benefits of eating seasonal fresh produce:
Seasonal produce is fresher and tastes better, especially if naturally ripened on the vine or the tree.
Higher Nutritional Value
Produce that is eaten in season has a higher nutritional value. Some anti-oxidants such as Vitamin C, folate and carotenes will decline when stored for periods of time. Fruits and vegetables that are stored for long periods of time due to transportation or to be used at a later date, have a reduction in phyto-nutrient content.
Eating seasonally reduces the demand for out of season produce. This also supports local farming in your area which means less transportation, less refrigeration, less hot houses, and less irradiation of produce.
No one wants to eat the same meals day in and day out and kids in long day care are no different. It is important that children have a varied menu that keeps them engaged and excited. At Hearty Health we understand developing good food habits in children is for life and realise the important of starting these habits at a very young age.
So keep your eyes out for the Hearty Health Autumn Menu and enjoy!
To sample any of our delicious meals including our Hearty Health Bliss Bar or popular Chicken Cacciatore in your child care centre, contact the Hearty Health Team here
P: 1300 728 762
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Christmas cooking with kids
- A perfect childcare snack – Hearty Health Protein Balls
- An apple a day keeps the doctor away
- Hearty Health Scones for afternoon tea!
- Fun food to make with the kids this footy weekend
- Try our Hearty Health Muesli Bar
- How to avoid hay fever and keep Spring allergies at bay…
- How good food affects a child’s brain development
- Our secret for a cooking delicious warm meal on a Winter’s day
- Healthy Eating for Children Based on Australian Dietary Guidelines
- Why Children’s Meals Should Be Delivered Quickly to Childcare Centres
- Best Recommended Healthy Snacks for Children that Taste Really Good
- Reduce Sugar & Up the Taste for Healthy Happy Kids
- Easy tips to help your family eat healthier
- How Schools and Child Care Caterers Can Help Stop Obesity in Children
- New Hearty Health Winter menu is a big hit with the kids
- Childcare Centres Should Have a Proper Menu Plan and How Hearty Health Can Help
- Food Allergies in Children: Why Childcare Centre Caterers should Never Take for Granted
- Hearty Meals for Schools and Childcare Centres: Meeting Your Kids’ Nutritional Needs
- How Healthy Snacks at Schools Can Help Stop Child Obesity
- Ways on How Educators Can Promote Positive Healthy Eating Habits in Children
- The Childcare Centre’s Role for Children’s Health
- Child Care Centre Meals Online Order Service: Fresh, Allergen Free, and Healthy
- Freshness in Food Quality: How Fresh is Fresh? Hearty Health’s Success in Child Care Catering