Reduce Sugar & Up the Taste for Healthy Happy KidsJune 27th, 2017
Large amounts of added sugar can be hidden in foods such as bread, canned soups and vegetables, frozen meals, and fast food. This is why Hearty Health only provide fresh food cooked from scratch daily to children in Early Learning Centres across Melbourne and Sydney.
Here are some Hearty Health tips to reduce sugar in your child’s diet:
- Moderation is the key – don’t ban sugar entirely – there are times for treats but aim to reduce refined sugar about 80% of the time.
- Trial and test your recipes – many recipes taste just as good with less sugar. Experiment with less sugar and see what works with your family….. what they don’t know won’t hurt them as long as it tastes delicious 😉
- Avoid sugary drinks – have a no sugary drinks at meal time policy. For drinks throughout the day water is always best or try adding a splash of fruit juice to mineral water or blending milk with a banana or berries for a delicious smoothie.
- Create your own icy poles and frozen treats. Freeze 100% fruit juice in an ice-cube tray with ice-cream sticks as handles. Or make frozen fruit kebab’s using pineapple chunks, bananas, grapes, and berries.
P: 1300 728 762
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- A perfect childcare snack – Hearty Health Protein Balls
- An apple a day keeps the doctor away
- Hearty Health Scones for afternoon tea!
- Fun food to make with the kids this footy weekend
- Try our Hearty Health Muesli Bar
- How to avoid hay fever and allergies now that Spring is on its way…
- How Does Healthy and Nutritious Meals Affect Children’s Brain Development?
- Our Secret for Cooking Delicious Warm Meals on a Winter’s Day
- Healthy Eating for Children Based on Australian Dietary Guidelines
- Why Children’s Meals Should Be Delivered Quickly to Childcare Centres
- Best Recommended Healthy Snacks for Children that Taste Really Good
- Reduce Sugar & Up the Taste for Healthy Happy Kids
- Easy tips to help your family eat healthier
- How Schools and Child Care Caterers Can Help Stop Obesity in Children
- New Winter Menu is a Big Hit with the Kids
- Childcare Centres Should Have a Proper Menu Plan and How Hearty Health Can Help
- Food Allergies in Children: Why Childcare Centre Caterers should Never Take for Granted
- Hearty Meals for Schools and Childcare Centres: Meeting Your Kids’ Nutritional Needs
- How Healthy Snacks at Schools Can Help Stop Child Obesity
- Ways on How Educators Can Promote Positive Healthy Eating Habits in Children
- The Childcare Centre’s Role for Children’s Health
- Child Care Centre Meals Online Order Service: Fresh, Allergen Free, and Healthy
- Freshness in Food Quality: How Fresh is Fresh? Hearty Health’s Success in Child Care Catering
- Childcare Nutrition: What Your Children Eat Can Affect Their Developmental Health