A perfect childcare snack – Hearty Health Protein BallsNovember 1st, 2017
Eating a healthy childcare snack doesn’t have to be time consuming and tedious…..
Try making these super easy and yummy Hearty Health Protein Balls that are not only great for kids but for educators and parents as well!
By adding nutrient dense bananas and naturally sweet dates, the kids will get a big hit of vitamins and minerals without even knowing it’s healthy 🙂
Hearty Health protein balls – the perfect childcare snack
- 5 Weet-Bix, crumbled
- 1 large ripe banana, coarsely chopped
- 200g fresh medjool dates, pitted, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons desiccated coconut
Add Weet-Bix, banana, date, vanilla and 2 tbs of the coconut. Blitz in food processor until combined.
Roll heaped tablespoonful’s of the mixture into balls. Spread remaining coconut on a plate. Roll balls lightly in coconut to coat. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Check out our some of our other yummy recipes created especially for children here.
Hearty Health in a nutshell
Hearty Health specialise in providing healthy fresh meals to child care centres daily. All meals meet nutritional requirements and are created and prepared by qualified chefs. No stone is left unturned in the creation of our meals which are seaonsonal, have variety and of course are delicious! We also cater for all dietary requirements which is even better. Contact us today for more info and a sample of our meals.
P: 1300 728 762
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Christmas cooking with kids
- A perfect childcare snack – Hearty Health Protein Balls
- An apple a day keeps the doctor away
- Hearty Health Scones for afternoon tea!
- Fun food to make with the kids this footy weekend
- Try our Hearty Health Muesli Bar
- How to avoid hay fever and allergies now that Spring is on its way…
- How Does Healthy and Nutritious Meals Affect Children’s Brain Development?
- Our Secret for Cooking Delicious Warm Meals on a Winter’s Day
- Healthy Eating for Children Based on Australian Dietary Guidelines
- Why Children’s Meals Should Be Delivered Quickly to Childcare Centres
- Best Recommended Healthy Snacks for Children that Taste Really Good
- Reduce Sugar & Up the Taste for Healthy Happy Kids
- Easy tips to help your family eat healthier
- How Schools and Child Care Caterers Can Help Stop Obesity in Children
- New Winter Menu is a Big Hit with the Kids
- Childcare Centres Should Have a Proper Menu Plan and How Hearty Health Can Help
- Food Allergies in Children: Why Childcare Centre Caterers should Never Take for Granted
- Hearty Meals for Schools and Childcare Centres: Meeting Your Kids’ Nutritional Needs
- How Healthy Snacks at Schools Can Help Stop Child Obesity
- Ways on How Educators Can Promote Positive Healthy Eating Habits in Children
- The Childcare Centre’s Role for Children’s Health
- Child Care Centre Meals Online Order Service: Fresh, Allergen Free, and Healthy
- Freshness in Food Quality: How Fresh is Fresh? Hearty Health’s Success in Child Care Catering