How Healthy Snacks at Schools Can Help Stop Child ObesityApril 18th, 2017
Child obesity has risen to such a high level that the schools should now understand that they can play a vital role in combating this epidemic. The same goes for your school since you can teach proper nutrition not just in the classrooms, but also by the food that you serve to students in the form of meals and snacks. For this information, though, we will concentrate on how eating healthy snacks at schools can help stop child obesity.
1. Healthy Foods at Snack Time Provide a Boost to the Metabolism
When you serve healthy snacks at school in between meals, you boost the children’s metabolisms, and this helps their body burn calories. The body must burn calories steadily throughout the day to maintain a healthy weight and even lose excess fat.
2. Reduces Sugar Intake for the Children
Sugar spikes in the bodies of children hinder their ability to burn the glycogen stores that they need to in order for the children to lose and maintain weight. For example, if they eat veggies, low-fat cheese and fruit, they consume far less sugar than if they consume donuts, cookies or cake for snacks. In addition, if any of the children attending your school suffer from type-one diabetes, they need to limit their sugar intake severely during the day along with other unhealthy foods.
3. Teaches Children Proper Eating Habits
Serving healthy snacks to children teaches them proper eating habits. This lesson can stay with them all through their lives and not just their early years. Experts agree that setting an example such as this is more effective than just lecturing them about the importance of eating healthy.
4. Lessens the Overall Calorie Intake for Children
Healthy foods for snacks contain fewer calories than sugar laden ones do, and this lessens the daily intake of calories for children. As a result, they are less likely to become obese.
5. Keeps Children’s Energy Level Up for Physical Activities
Supplementing the children’s nutrition with healthy snacks at school in between meals keeps the children’s energy level up in order for them to participate in the physical activities and exercise that they should have each day. Whether it is open play or a structured fitness program, children will build strong bodies by running, jumping, hopping, walking, swimming or playing various sports.
Please, allow our child care catering company of Hearty Health to assist you in your efforts to provide your children with fresh, healthy snacks and meals. We will work with you to form the appropriate menus and meals for your specific needs. All of our offerings are prepared by professional chefs’ fresh daily with the finest of ingredients.
P: 1300 728 762
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- An apple a day keeps the doctor away
- Hearty Health Scones for afternoon tea!
- Fun food to make with the kids this footy weekend
- Try our Hearty Health Muesli Bar
- How to avoid hay fever and allergies now that Spring is on its way…
- How Does Healthy and Nutritious Meals Affect Children’s Brain Development?
- Our Secret for Cooking Delicious Warm Meals on a Winter’s Day
- Healthy Eating for Children Based on Australian Dietary Guidelines
- Why Children’s Meals Should Be Delivered Quickly to Childcare Centres
- Best Recommended Healthy Snacks for Children that Taste Really Good
- Reduce Sugar & Up the Taste for Healthy Happy Kids
- Easy tips to help your family eat healthier
- How Schools and Child Care Caterers Can Help Stop Obesity in Children
- New Winter Menu is a Big Hit with the Kids
- Childcare Centres Should Have a Proper Menu Plan and How Hearty Health Can Help
- Food Allergies in Children: Why Childcare Centre Caterers should Never Take for Granted
- Hearty Meals for Schools and Childcare Centres: Meeting Your Kids’ Nutritional Needs
- How Healthy Snacks at Schools Can Help Stop Child Obesity
- Ways on How Educators Can Promote Positive Healthy Eating Habits in Children
- The Childcare Centre’s Role for Children’s Health
- Child Care Centre Meals Online Order Service: Fresh, Allergen Free, and Healthy
- Freshness in Food Quality: How Fresh is Fresh? Hearty Health’s Success in Child Care Catering
- Childcare Nutrition: What Your Children Eat Can Affect Their Developmental Health
- Childcare Healthy Meals Should Promote Protection against Tooth Decay