How good food affects a child’s brain developmentAugust 15th, 2017
Everyone knows that eating wholesome, nutritious meals is vital for each child’s physical development, body strength and general wellbeing. However, some people forget that a regular diet of nutrient-rich foods is just as important for children’s healthy brain development. In order for the brain to receive the necessary support for normal growth and activity, youngsters must eat meals plentiful in natural vitamins and minerals. Many other natural or organic substances are also very beneficial for good brain health and functionality. If your youngster is currently enrolled in a child care program and eats one or two meals per day during program sessions, be sure that this child care center provides healthy, nutritional meals and snacks throughout the year.
How Healthy, Nutrient-Rich Meals Affect a Child’s Brain Development and Activity
• Vitamins. – Major vitamins like A, B, C, D and E are all important to physical and mental development of young children in the following ways:
Vitamin A supports good vision, healthy skin and improved neurological functions. It also is a strong antioxidant, protecting youngsters from the onset of free radical damage in the body and brain.
The B vitamins promote good cellular metabolism while supporting good eye health and neurological activity as well as boosting mental and physical energy levels.
Vitamin C helps prevent immune system deficiencies and helps your system absorb iron, strengthening both body and brain. It also promotes healthy blood vessels, which are necessary for circulating sufficient blood supplies to the brain as well as the body to enhance high functionality.
Vitamin D is essential for bodily absorption of calcium, potassium and magnesium, all of which are minerals vital to strong bone health and mental focus.
Vitamin E promotes healthy eyes and is a powerful antioxidant, helping to prevent free radical damage to both body and brain.
• Minerals. – Calcium, magnesium, potassium and zinc are all important minerals for young children’s brain activity. Although these minerals are best known for their support of strong bone growth and maintenance, these substances also increase circulatory activity, supplying the brain and body with greater amounts of regular blood flow for sharper mental alertness and activity as well as better physical energy and endurance.
• Natural Compounds. – Important natural compounds like nitric oxide (NO2) are found in nature and offer important health-promoting properties as supplements for the body and mind. No2 widens the interior walls of children’s blood vessels, sending larger amounts of healthy oxygen to all muscles and organs of the body and to the brain as fuel for enhanced activity. Sodium chloride, or salt (NaCl) is necessary for keeping children’s bodies and brains hydrated and active, especially during hot weather. It is also essential for transmitting signals from the brain to the body’s nerve cells for high functionality of a child’s entire system.
When your child is enrolled in an excellent child care program that engages Hearty Health, you can be sure that he or she will receive highly nutritional meals and snacks every day to help with brain development. This premium quality Australian food preparation and delivery company is focused on providing young children with pure, healthy foods that appeal to them while providing optimal levels of nutrition in every bite.
P: 1300 728 762
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Christmas cooking with kids
- A perfect childcare snack – Hearty Health Protein Balls
- An apple a day keeps the doctor away
- Hearty Health Scones for afternoon tea!
- Fun food to make with the kids this footy weekend
- Try our Hearty Health Muesli Bar
- How to avoid hay fever and keep Spring allergies at bay…
- How good food affects a child’s brain development
- Our secret for a cooking delicious warm meal on a Winter’s day
- Healthy Eating for Children Based on Australian Dietary Guidelines
- Why Children’s Meals Should Be Delivered Quickly to Childcare Centres
- Best Recommended Healthy Snacks for Children that Taste Really Good
- Reduce Sugar & Up the Taste for Healthy Happy Kids
- Easy tips to help your family eat healthier
- How Schools and Child Care Caterers Can Help Stop Obesity in Children
- New Hearty Health Winter menu is a big hit with the kids
- Childcare Centres Should Have a Proper Menu Plan and How Hearty Health Can Help
- Food Allergies in Children: Why Childcare Centre Caterers should Never Take for Granted
- Hearty Meals for Schools and Childcare Centres: Meeting Your Kids’ Nutritional Needs
- How Healthy Snacks at Schools Can Help Stop Child Obesity
- Ways on How Educators Can Promote Positive Healthy Eating Habits in Children
- The Childcare Centre’s Role for Children’s Health
- Child Care Centre Meals Online Order Service: Fresh, Allergen Free, and Healthy
- Freshness in Food Quality: How Fresh is Fresh? Hearty Health’s Success in Child Care Catering