Fun food to make with the kids this footy weekendSeptember 27th, 2017
There is nothing like the excitement of a footy grand final (and a public holiday if you are in Melbourne) to get together with family and friends and enjoy the game with fun food that the kids have helped to make.
Hearty Health is all about providing delicious healthy food for kids as well as seasonal ‘fun food’, so why not get them involved this weekend and try some easy to prepare and easy to eat kid friendly and nutritious snacks.
Fun food ideas:
Sweet potato chips – simply peel sweet potato and cut into thin wedges, toss with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven on grease proof paper for about 45 minutes and serve with some sour cream. Warning – these are delicious so you may need to have a few batches ready as they will disappear as soon as they come out of the oven…..
Sausage rolls – you just can’t go past sausage rolls and party pies when there is footy around. We know you guys are really busy but making your own sausage rolls won’t take long and it is fun when the kids get involved. Source your favourite sausage roll recipe ahead of time and we are sure the kids would love mixing up the ingredients! Freeze or store in the fridge ready to heat up on the day and voila!
Popcorn – as basic as it sounds, popcorn is a winner for kids and the whole family when it comes to snacking in front of the footy! It is healthy, not processed and you can be as creative as you like with the flavouring you add to the finished product – sweet or savoury the choice is yours. Why not try some different flavours and experiment! Sounds like fun food to us.
P: 1300 728 762
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Christmas cooking with kids
- A perfect childcare snack – Hearty Health Protein Balls
- An apple a day keeps the doctor away
- Hearty Health Scones for afternoon tea!
- Fun food to make with the kids this footy weekend
- Try our Hearty Health Muesli Bar
- How to avoid hay fever and keep Spring allergies at bay…
- How good food affects a child’s brain development
- Our secret for a cooking delicious warm meal on a Winter’s day
- Healthy Eating for Children Based on Australian Dietary Guidelines
- Why Children’s Meals Should Be Delivered Quickly to Childcare Centres
- Best Recommended Healthy Snacks for Children that Taste Really Good
- Reduce Sugar & Up the Taste for Healthy Happy Kids
- Easy tips to help your family eat healthier
- How Schools and Child Care Caterers Can Help Stop Obesity in Children
- New Hearty Health Winter menu is a big hit with the kids
- Childcare Centres Should Have a Proper Menu Plan and How Hearty Health Can Help
- Food Allergies in Children: Why Childcare Centre Caterers should Never Take for Granted
- Hearty Meals for Schools and Childcare Centres: Meeting Your Kids’ Nutritional Needs
- How Healthy Snacks at Schools Can Help Stop Child Obesity
- Ways on How Educators Can Promote Positive Healthy Eating Habits in Children
- The Childcare Centre’s Role for Children’s Health
- Child Care Centre Meals Online Order Service: Fresh, Allergen Free, and Healthy
- Freshness in Food Quality: How Fresh is Fresh? Hearty Health’s Success in Child Care Catering