Childcare Healthy Meals Should Promote Protection against Tooth DecayJanuary 13th, 2017
Studies conclude that in order to prevent tooth decay, children need healthy meals. However, dental erosion is a common problem among children because of a poor diet. When in fact, tooth decay can be averted with home and childcare healthy meals, not just from brushing and flossing. Actually, good nutrition and eating habits play a vital role in the prevention of dental erosion and tooth decay.
Tooth Decay Defined
Tooth decay is due to the breakdown of tooth enamel, which is the protective layer of the teeth. Generally the breakdown is due to bacteria resulting is cavities. Symptoms can include mold to severe pain and difficulty eating. Complications can be comprised of abscesses, infection, and inflammation of the tissue or tooth loss.
Tooth decay is often formed from the bacteria in plaque. Basically the plaque producing acid disintegrates the tooth’s strengthening minerals from the surface such as phosphate and calcium. These healthy minerals are found in saliva. But if the acid attacks too often, the healing effects of the saliva cannot work fast enough to remove the harmful bacteria that create cavities.
Tooth Decay and Food
What a child eats and drinks play a huge role in the prevention or development of tooth decay. How much and how often a child eats sugary foods and beverages will play a big factor in cavities. Moreover, solid food can be more damaging that liquid because it does not clear from the mouth as easily and gives plaque more time to make acid.
On the other hand, it is said that carbohydrates are unlikely to cause cavities. For example, foods like bread, rice and potatoes are actually good choices for promoting healthy teeth. As well, dairy foods like milk and cheese are said to prevent tooth decay.
Dental Health and Dairy
Dairy is one of the most important of the core food groups for dental health. Not only should it be included at home with most meals but dairy should be served often at childcare facilities. Dairy foods like yogurt, cheese and milk are childcare healthy selections and provides at at least 10 essential nutrients like:
• Vitamins A, B12 and riboflavin
• Numerous minerals such as calcium, magnesium, zinc, potassium and phosphorus
As well, many researchers agree that dairy foods help prevent tooth decay and a child’s tooth enamel. In fact, just three servings a day is all that a child needs to keep their teeth healthy and strong.
P: 1300 728 762
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- An apple a day keeps the doctor away
- Hearty Health Scones for afternoon tea!
- Fun food to make with the kids this footy weekend
- Try our Hearty Health Muesli Bar
- How to avoid hay fever and allergies now that Spring is on its way…
- How Does Healthy and Nutritious Meals Affect Children’s Brain Development?
- Our Secret for Cooking Delicious Warm Meals on a Winter’s Day
- Healthy Eating for Children Based on Australian Dietary Guidelines
- Why Children’s Meals Should Be Delivered Quickly to Childcare Centres
- Best Recommended Healthy Snacks for Children that Taste Really Good
- Reduce Sugar & Up the Taste for Healthy Happy Kids
- Easy tips to help your family eat healthier
- How Schools and Child Care Caterers Can Help Stop Obesity in Children
- New Winter Menu is a Big Hit with the Kids
- Childcare Centres Should Have a Proper Menu Plan and How Hearty Health Can Help
- Food Allergies in Children: Why Childcare Centre Caterers should Never Take for Granted
- Hearty Meals for Schools and Childcare Centres: Meeting Your Kids’ Nutritional Needs
- How Healthy Snacks at Schools Can Help Stop Child Obesity
- Ways on How Educators Can Promote Positive Healthy Eating Habits in Children
- The Childcare Centre’s Role for Children’s Health
- Child Care Centre Meals Online Order Service: Fresh, Allergen Free, and Healthy
- Freshness in Food Quality: How Fresh is Fresh? Hearty Health’s Success in Child Care Catering
- Childcare Nutrition: What Your Children Eat Can Affect Their Developmental Health
- Childcare Healthy Meals Should Promote Protection against Tooth Decay