Apricot season at Hearty HealthJanuary 2nd, 2018
Yum – it is well and truly apricot season at Hearty Health! This Summer, apricots feature in our Summer menu for children in child care to enjoy.
Delivered to our door directly from the wholesale fruit and vegetable market, our apricots are as fresh as fresh can be and turned into a selection of snacks and meals that are rated highly.
Packed with goodness:
Hearty Health feature apricots in their meals not only because they are in season and are delicious, but because they are so healthy for growing children. Apricots contain Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Calcium and Potassium and are rich in fibre and antioxidants ensuring we are getting a big dose of yummy goodness.
Apricot season at Hearty Health keeps children healthy by:
- enhancing vision
- keeps the immune system in check
- protects and revitalises skin
- keeps the digestion system ticking along
- helps to reduce the bad cholesterol content in the body which protects the heart
- helps the body get rid of toxins that can collect over time
- help strengthen growing bones
How to buy apricots:
Our Hearty Health Chefs recommend that you look for apricots with a rich orange colour and avoid those that are pale and yellow. Fruit should be slightly soft. If they are too firm they have not been tree-ripened, and tree-ripened fruits always taste best. For the most antioxidants, choose fully ripened fruit.
Storing apricots for best quality:
You can store apricots in the refrigerator but they will retain better flavour if kept at room temperature. They can also bruise easily so try to avoid stacking them on top of each other.
A quick apricot snack for Summer:
With the Summer weather heating up this week, try blending fresh apricots with some orange juice and freeze in ice cubes or icy pole molds for a quick and delicious afternoon snack with the kids. Apricot season is a yummy season at Hearty Health.
For more information on the Hearty Health Summer Menu contact us here
P: 1300 728 762
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Christmas cooking with kids
- A perfect childcare snack – Hearty Health Protein Balls
- An apple a day keeps the doctor away
- Hearty Health Scones for afternoon tea!
- Fun food to make with the kids this footy weekend
- Try our Hearty Health Muesli Bar
- How to avoid hay fever and allergies now that Spring is on its way…
- How Does Healthy and Nutritious Meals Affect Children’s Brain Development?
- Our Secret for Cooking Delicious Warm Meals on a Winter’s Day
- Healthy Eating for Children Based on Australian Dietary Guidelines
- Why Children’s Meals Should Be Delivered Quickly to Childcare Centres
- Best Recommended Healthy Snacks for Children that Taste Really Good
- Reduce Sugar & Up the Taste for Healthy Happy Kids
- Easy tips to help your family eat healthier
- How Schools and Child Care Caterers Can Help Stop Obesity in Children
- New Winter Menu is a Big Hit with the Kids
- Childcare Centres Should Have a Proper Menu Plan and How Hearty Health Can Help
- Food Allergies in Children: Why Childcare Centre Caterers should Never Take for Granted
- Hearty Meals for Schools and Childcare Centres: Meeting Your Kids’ Nutritional Needs
- How Healthy Snacks at Schools Can Help Stop Child Obesity
- Ways on How Educators Can Promote Positive Healthy Eating Habits in Children
- The Childcare Centre’s Role for Children’s Health
- Child Care Centre Meals Online Order Service: Fresh, Allergen Free, and Healthy
- Freshness in Food Quality: How Fresh is Fresh? Hearty Health’s Success in Child Care Catering